39 Church Street, at the corner of Church and William Streets, is the site of the First Baptist Church of Moravia. Begun in 1870, with eleven members, the First Baptist Church and Society was incorporated in 1871. The original church building, which still stands, was dedicated in 1875 and rededicated after an enlargement in 1892. The property next to the church was purchased in 1959, and the Christian education building and fellowship hall was dedicated in the spring of 1999. Since its inception over 135 years ago, 30 pastors have stood in the pulpit. Members have come and gone, but one thing has remained the same - the desire to proclaim the message of salvation and hope through our Lord Jesus Christ.